Thursday, March 29, 2012

What a dog.



Inca has grown into the best family dog we could have imagined. She puts up with Finn's torture with an occassional growl and adores Poppie. She is good with the chickens and a dream with all other dogs except for the ones that compete with her in our neighborhood.

The other day at the park, Poppie and I were sitting in the grass while Finn played and he begged me to help him swing on the monkey-handle bars, which meant I would have to hold him up against my body and couldn't wear Poppie. Poppie was happy in the grass and Inca was laying protectively close, so I ran ten steps away to play with Finn for a minute and snapped this shot on my way back to them.

Also, on that same day we were walking (around Greenlake) and Finn wanted to run up on the grass bank while I couldn't go there with the stroller. He was allowed to run on the bank parallel to us as long as he didn't get too far away. And when he did, Inca stopped and wouldn't take another step in any direction but towards him.

And later, when Finn was in his stroller and Inca was walking alongside, he turned to her and said, I love you Inca and she responded with a mid-stride lick on his cheek. Aww.

No comments:

Post a Comment