Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Little mouse!


I have been singing Poppie a song by Elizabeth Mitchell (originally Woody Guthrie) called Little Sack of Sugar and Poppie absolutely LOVES it:

Jiggle Jiggle Jiggle
Tickle Tickle Tickle
Little Sack of Sugar
I could eat you up!

Hey, hey, hey, my little sack of sugar,
Ho, ho, ho, my little sack of sweet.
Hee, hee, hee, my pretty little angel,
So pretty, pretty, pretty, I could eat your feet.

Hey, hey, hey, my little honey bunny,
Ho, ho, ho, my little turtle dove,
Hee, hee, hee, my little sack of 'taters,
So pretty, pretty, pretty, I could eat your toes.

...and on it goes.

This picture will remind me of that song forever because I was singing it to her when I took it.


PS Did you know singing to your child is better for development than them simply listening to music? This article explains why. Neither Nick nor I can carrying a tune very well, but we are always singing stories and silly ditties to our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment