Friday, March 30, 2012

It takes a village

This is what the week looked like. Papa and his motorcycle, dressing gowns at 5pm, and helmets to shield what may come at us.

We didn't need the helmet, luckily, because despite all that is going on behind the scenes, things are good on the home front. Mostly because Nana has moved in and as Finn put it tonight on our way to bed, I no like you. I only like Nana, Naaanaaa! Come!

Another mother might be hurt by such words, but this mother sees the absolute necessity of another parent in the picture and takes this opportunity to give her boy a kiss, tell him he is still loved even if he doesn't like me, and enjoy the first five minutes I have haven't had to think of others first all day.

I am getting used to this whole Nick leaves and Nana moves in gig. What's going to happen when life isn't so crazy? Will Nana still move in with me when Nick goes out of town? Because even though I know I can do it on my own, I don't know if I want to. There is a reason we used to live in villages.

No comments:

Post a Comment