Monday, March 26, 2012

Safe with the sealions

I am dying to know more details, but it sounds like all is well for Nick down in Chile...

Hi Baby,


Sorry I am only just getting back to you now. I am obviously fine, so not to worry. I only heard about the earthquake myself this morning as I was jumping in a boat to go diving with fishermen.

The highlight of today so far was diving with over two hundred sealions!! Quite a remarkable experience. They are playful and curious like dogs and just as two hundred dogs would intimidating so too were these sealions. They would come swimming past me and then stop to peer at me, unbelievable. The only two problems with experience was, firstly the huge amounts of sealion poop that you end up swimming amongst. You can smell it as you near them on the boat but once you are in the water and diving in it is become much more pungent (think ear, nose and throat). Secondly, we spotted a pod of orcas heading to the seal colony on out way there so once we were in the water we had to be quick save getting caught up in a feeding frenzy. The orcas were on their way to eat sealions!
 
Just a little snippet of his email, sounds like life is adventurous for him down there!
 
So happy he's safe
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment