Monday, September 12, 2011

We are thrilled to welcome...

Penelope Elizabeth Hall!

Our baby girl was born at home (in the water!) at 12:35am September 12th, 2011 weighing 9lbs 9oz, 22 inches long. It was a long pre-labor (started Saturday AM), followed by a relatively short active phase, and then a couple of hours of pushing later and we were holding our baby girl. She has a thick head of dark hair and dark eyes.

The amazing and special part? My beloved maternal grandmother Betty, who passed away a couple of years ago, was born today too! And she had a thing for dark-haired, dark-eyed baby girls (just about every pregnant woman in the family was pregnant with such a child, she just knew it). So Poppie (our nickname for Penelope) feels like a gift in more ways than one.

Pictures and birth story to follow. Poppie and Daddy are sleeping soundly next to me while I am too excited and full of new mommy glee to sleep (I got my natural homebirth and my daughter, all on Grammy's birthday!). I am so, so thrilled, I couldn't ask for more!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Big Congratulations to all. Poppie picked a wonderful day to be born, on her grandmother's birthday and a beautiful full moon. A blessed arrival. Love from your mom's tia friend, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to my wonderful uncle and absolutely amazing auntie, Poppy is positively gorgeous and it is fantastic that she was born on her grandmother's birthday :D sending my love and hugs to you, my super Auntie Jenna, Uncle Nick , Finn and the new addition to the family Poppy!
    Lots of love Lottiexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jenna, Nick, Finn, and precious Poppie,
    What a gift to this world. Grammy would be so proud and we are so happy for you all! Poppie is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your beautiful stories... I read them in the morning and before I go to bed. So special... :)
    Lots and lots of love, Aunt Jan and Uncle Gerad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Poppie! I can't wait to meet you when I come home from Kansas City!
    With love,
    Cousin Derek and Christina Austin

    ReplyDelete