Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Still Pregnant

Labor Day brought no labor to this family.

Yesterday, Uncle Nick and Auntie Casi brought Finn to the zoo while Nick and I caught up on house and work projects. In the afternoon, we took a nap, went for a walk and played with big dirt at a Lake Washington beach, followed by a good night's sleep for all.

This morning, Finn is going to preschool, Nick is working and I am getting us packed for Bainbridge. We are heading over this afternoon to wait out the rest of the pregnancy. It is supposed to be a really hot week here in Seattle, so I am envisioning long days on the beach playing big dirt and reading magazines followed by blackberry-picking and walking Inca. It feels like we are going on vacation!

Meanwhile, I am starting to get really uncomfortable in my body. Although I haven't gained any weight in the past couple of weeks and it doesn't feel like my belly is any bigger, I am slow and every move is deliberate. I have never had to coreograph each movement before, but forgetting to think ahead means a sharp shooting pain here or a deep ache there. I feel fortunate that this is only affecting me at this late stage, but it has given me a whole new appreciation for my body and I can't wait to not have to share it with another little human!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment