Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Poppie at one week old...

Poppie is a super easy, incredibly angelic baby. She sleeps lots, eats well and has cried maybe a total of 30 minutes of her life, the majority of which was when she was first born.
 She has that alert, wide-eyed look about her that Finn had. Probably because they were both well-done by the time they decided to make an appearance. Another benefit of a well-cooked babe? Early smiles. I caught one on camera during this little shoot, but it was blurry and because I am married to a photographer, I cannot share blurry photos unless I intentionally took a blurry photo for artsy reasons.
 Poppie's name is a hybrid of Nick's favorite name for our first girl (Penelope) and my favorite name (Poppie). Neither of us are crazy about the nickname Penny, so Poppie it is. Nick calls her Penelope most of the time and I call her Poppie most of the time, but either name suits her sweet and flowery nature. Her middle name, Elizabeth, is an ode to my Grandmother, whose full name was Betty (which is typically a nickname for Elizabeth). Before I got married, my middle name was Elizabeth too.
This sweet little thing gives us lots of time to look after Finn and make sure his needs are met. She is already a precious, loving, happy little girl and we are so, so lucky to have her in our lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment