Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dancing on the back of the chair in a sunny window

Maybe Nana will ride by on her bike. Maybe Pookie will come to play with Inca. Maybe a little bird will land in the wisteria. Maybe a leaf will blow across the porch. Maybe Daddy will drive up soon. Maybe the mailman will come to deliver us mail. Maybe I will just wait and watch and see what happens out there...

Sooo... Finn starts all his sentences like this these days. I caught him out of bed yesterday during naptime and asked him what was wrong. Soo, the dinosaur is bad and he gonna bite me hard in my bed, he tells me. You mean the dinosaur print on the new duvet we just changed? He's a good guy and going to protect you from the bad guys, don't worry. Soo, don't worry, he repeats after me, getting back into bed and putting his head next to the nice guy, who has no teeth. You not bad... soo... you not gonna bite me dinosaur, he says to the toothsome one. And he falls asleep


No comments:

Post a Comment