Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Alternatives to preschool, part I

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Wednesdays are my work-from-home days when I balance the children with work. Which means that when Lil' Diggers opens at 10am, we are there.

Finn has been there many times before, but always with our nanny. Today was the first day I actually took him (and Poppie). It is amazing. You could not have created a better playtime for Finn than an indoor beach two blocks away. He was in heaven. And I was too. I watched the same little boy that was having difficulties in preschool getting along with the other kids actually share his toys with other little guys. In fact, he would bring toys to other kids and was especially sweet with the one-year-olds, making sure they had the right toy for the digging job. Looking at him from a bird's-eye perspective, I saw a sweet, considerate two-year-old who was every mother's dream. And he is.

Even Poppie joined in the fun when she wasn't sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment