Friday, December 16, 2011

The Nutcracker

My ENTIRE life I have wanted to go to the Nutcracker Ballet. Every since I was really, really little it has been on my top holiday wish list. Perhaps because I grew up with three brother and a mother who does not count ballet as one of her favorite arts, I never went as a child.

That changed when I met Nick. He caught wind of my obsession and surprised me one December with tickets to the PNW Ballet Nutcracker. I cried.

The evening we were to go, a major snowstorm blew into Seattle and the whole city shut down. The ballet was on, however, and Nick and I walked to the show in long winter coats and soft scarves, huddled together in the hushed snowy quiet. The show was everything I had dreamed of, only better. It was snowing outside, I had this amazing husband, we had decided to start trying for a baby (Finn) and I was at the Nutcracker. It couldn't have been more magical.

Needless to say, Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker is of my alltime favorite holiday soundtracks and I have never heard it on a glass harp before. Check out this amazing video:



May the holiday spirit be vibrant in your home this weekend...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment