Saturday, December 3, 2011

hi!

I am so happy it's the weekend!

It has been a full week. Poppie has had an upset tummy that led to horrific diaper rash that led to sleepless nights. Finn has gone back to nursery school fulltime, I went back to work and Nick is getting ready for a massive shoot in California (which means he is gone for most of this month, sniff...).

This weekend is our last together as a family before Christmas, so we are doing all the Christmasy things like getting a tree, our picture taken with Santa (the kids, that is), putting up lights outside and finding the Christmas station on Pandora and putting it on repeat. Stay tuned for lots of pictures from the day!

I am a little nervous for Nick to leave, but secretly excited to see if I can rise to the challenge of working, homemaking and motherhood all by myself. While also keeping the magic of Christmas constant for Finn. Everytime this week that I felt overwhelmed with keeping all my balls in the air at the same time, I took a deep breath and remembered that MILLIONS of women have done this before me and although I feel like the only one who has carried this load in this exact way, I know deep down that I am so common.

So, goal for the month: happy, healthy children; at least 3 runs a week for me; Christmas magic in house (I really shouldn't subscribe to Martha Stewart magazine, it is simply not a healthy standard for me at the moment); productivity and forward momentum at work.

Goal for the weekend: Christmas Tree; Santa Claus pictures; meeting up with friends; no more diaper rash; a glass of wine with Nick every evening once the children are asleep; maybe a date night on Monday, our last before Christmas?

More later!
xoxo

Mrs Mohawk trying tummy time

No comments:

Post a Comment