Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday

Happy Sunday! The day is almost over, but we are back in Seattle and enjoying a quiet, sunny evening in our little house. Nick is putting Finn down for bed and I am sitting in the living room lounging in the dappled evening sun reading the NY Times and remembering to update the blog.

Although the nights are getting (blissfully) cooler, it feels like we could have a long summer here in the Northwest. I wouldn't mind having at least another few weeks of summer sunshine, especially given how wet and cold our Alaska summer was this year. Finn is enjoying the weather immensely and has started to protest wearing clothes. I don't blame him considering that I have a temporary built-in furnace keeping me perpetually hot.

I am feeling great, no signs of baby yet, but I am not ruling out the possibility of everything happening all of a sudden. We are now pretty much done with all the baby prep work: I have a gorgeously clean house, a freezer stocked with food, a self-sustaining garden, all the clothes washed and put away, newborn diapers washed and cleaned (we are doing cloth diapers again) and the birth kit ready for use. Now, the majority of my time gets to be spent with Finn and Nick (when he is not packing in the extra hours at work so he can take a breather when the baby is born).

More tomorrow!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment