Friday, October 18, 2013

Little India


We are settling into a routine in our little family and getting the hang of being a family of five. Nick has been ridiculously busy lately and I have to keep repeating our little mantra 'we chose this life, we chose this life...' to get through the long days (and evenings) without him. I have some great babysitters who have been acting as mother's helpers these past few days, taking the older kids out to play and cleaning the house during down moments. And our amazing tribe of family and friends have been bringing us hot, delicious meals every other day making sure we are well-fed and loved. 
India is 10 days old, and I am just entering the post-partum hormonal shift that makes me an emotional wreck. Just thinking about crying makes me cry and I have ridiculous anxiety about things that never usually bother me (point in case: Nick and a crew took a boat out to get some shots for one of his shoots tonight and all I can think about is him getting in a boat wreck, despite the fact that my able-bodied seaman brother is captaining  the boat, which is electric, and doesn't go faster than a rowboat, and they are going out in a lake in the middle of the city that is smooth as a pond). Ugh, hormones. 
Beyond the hormones (or maybe because of them), we are so thrilled to have another little baby in our life and both of us can't wait to have another, if the universe grants it. In fact, a part of me could have ten more. I mean, look at this little face, who wouldn't want more?

No comments:

Post a Comment