Wednesday, October 9, 2013

baby love





Today was a day of peace. 

This morning the children and I snuggled into our bed and watched a show and stared at (and petted) the baby. Then Nana came over and took the older ones out to play, came home for lunch and then took them to the Island for the evening. India and I had a couple of visitors, Nick and I got some moments alone to stare at the baby and the midwife came over to declare our baby perfect. 

I am recovering very well and much more quickly than I would have expected. I am little more tired than normal, but other than that, I feel like my usual self. Those last days of pregnancy were taking a toll on my body and energy reserves and I am looking forward to being my non-pregnant self again. 

Nick leaves tomorrow for a short photo shoot in Canada and my mom is moving in to help me with the children. I am looking forward to cooking with her, sheltering down with my babies and spending quality time with my own mother as I transition into being a mother for the third time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment