Sunday, December 2, 2012

Life lately

Apparently, by the calendar on my postings list, it has been almost three weeks since I have written, but in real-life time, it has been something like 3 seconds. Life is moving fast, people.

My darling Aunt and I had a conversation about Thanksgiving gracing us early this year, and maybe with that extra week between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we could enter the Christmas season with a little more dignity and grace. Instead, in typical Hall fashion, we have spent that additional week remodeling our bathroom and hallway floor, in our tiny house, while living with three dogs, two rambunctious children, two overwhelmed parents and one very generous Uncle, who is the mastermind behind our endeavors, but only has one week to do it all.

I don't even want to talk about the mess, nor the incident with the pneumatic nail gun, nor Poppie putting the drill in her mouth, while Finn has his finger on the trigger, because if I think too hard about it all, I just might make myself crazy. But then again, what sane person would even attempt this project with so many beings in one tiny space (900 square feet, in case you were wondering), needing to eat, sleep and poop somewhere. It hasn't been pretty around here.

But, amongst it all, I feel calm and happy. Which is a far departure from what my state of mind would have been a year ago. I think that being at home with the kids is starting to suit me.

And, in case you were having trouble fitting the above image with this post, Nick left for a 16 day assignment in Argentina this morning. And bless his calm, gentle soul, he worked long days, and then worked nights on the bathroom and still managed to get himself packed and mentally ready for a long and busy shoot down south, while giving the children and I extra love and attention. He is superdadhusbandphotographer. And for my part, somehow in amongst all the chaos, I managed to make the kids a magnetic chalkboard for their magnet letters and I wanted to show it off. Because I am zenmamawife who still needs to feel like superwoman.

Ta-ta for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment