Sunday, August 19, 2012

Birthday

Today was my birthday and I started the day nice and earlier with my amazing (and INCREDIBLY fit mother) competing in a triathlon. 1/2 mile open water swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3 mile run later:


She rocks. Not only did she give birth to me 32 years ago today, but she continues to be my athletic mentor, among a million other incredible attributes she inspires me with. And she was the only person I knew crazy enough to do this with me with very little training (not to mention the only person I really wanted to do it with anyway).

We returned home to a gorgeous, delicious brunch handmade and hosted by my incredible husband. It was an intimate affair with only family and extended family, but just exactly what I wanted.


I was spoiled with lots of thoughtful gifts, lots and lots of kisses from the children and am concluding the day feeling up to the brim loved.

Thank you for all the birthday love and wishes! Three cheers for the 32nd year!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment