Thursday, January 19, 2012

Guess what?

Today is another snow day! Actually, it is an ice storm day with freezing rain and slippery roads. Finn and I had a mommy-and-me date at All City Coffee with a coffee and hot cocoa. It was a treacherous trip walking there, but fun and so good to spend time with my little guy one-on-one.

While Finn takes a nap, Poppie and I are keeping Nick company in his office and getting some work done. Popps is strapped in the Moby as I write, snuggled warm against my chest, on the verge of falling asleep. Finn wasn't such a fan, but Poppie loves the Moby (a Moby is a 12' piece of stretchy jersey material that you wrap around you and baby into a carrier that is snug and comfortable for both babe and wearer). We were at a party last week and it was loud and rambunctious and my friends were so impressed that all I had to do was snug Poppie into the Moby and she was asleep within minutes (Finn and most of my friends' babes had to be paced and walked and rocked and moved into sleep, even in a carrier). Not Poppie. All she needs is a long piece of fabric and a warm body!

This week has been such an unexpected treat! I am not sure that we have ever spent a whole (almost whole) week at home together and it is so nice. There has been a growing movement towards the stay-cation (instead of a vacation) and I totally get it. I want more of these!



Finn is going through an 'I-don't-want-my-picture-taken' phase. Hence all the blurry shots, which are all I can get these days. I blame it on the fact that he has a photographer for a Daddy and has been the subject of more photoshoots than the rest of us combined. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment