Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's day

Happy belated Mother's Day!

We had a very adventurous weekend camping with dear friends who are bicycling from Bellingham to San Francisco. We met up with them for a night of camping on Saturday and then decided at the spur-of-the-moment to stay another night with them last night. It is the first time in ages I have been so spontaneous on a work night and is indicative of how much life is changing around here. It is also the first major car camping trip we have done, and although I love the roughing-it backpacking with baby style, I can certainly get used to blow up beds and big tents.

We spent the majority of the weekend near the water-- first at our local outdoor pool that opened for the season this weekend and then on the beach. Finn is an absolute fish and swam in both the warm outdoor pool and freezing Puget Sound with the same abandon. And driving home this morning, he asked if we could please go to the beach later today. At a sweltering 80+ degrees outside, who can say no?
My Mother's Day nest
Poppie gifted me the Mother's Day gift of saying mama for the first time and sleeping through the night two nights in a row. We were planning on sleep training after this weekend and she just spared us the heartache. Finn was a very good little boy yesterday and went to sleep when we told him to so we could spend some time with friends around the fire last night. He also picked me some flowers and gave me three kisses and two i love yous. I am a lucky mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment