Thursday, December 16, 2010

Doing big boy things. Like helping Mummy cook.

Finn has started tugging on my clothes and whining while I cook lately. At first I just thought he wanted attention and would bend down to talk to him for a few minutes before resuming the task at hand. But the tugging, whining, weaving-through-legs only increased. So, I started putting a chair next to the counter and giving Finn similar things I was using and asking for his help. Bless his sweet little self, he will stand on that chair for an hour 'helping' me cook. I have been deliberate about giving him 'dangerous' things like glass bowls and butter knives and telling him to be really careful with them and he is. He takes his role so seriously and I have a little helper in the kitchen every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment