Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This morning was busy.

We all woke up a little later than we planned and were rushing around trying to get our projects done. Nick went straight to his office to make a bunch of calls to the Eastcoast and I tried to get Finn and myself ready while picking up the kitchen. Finn was in an especially good mood and gave me lots of hugs and kisses before I put him in his highchair for breakfast.

The little daredevil loves to stand up in his highchair, perched precariously high above the kitchen floor, looking us straight in the eye. This morning was no different. 'Sit down' I say in my meanest mummy voice. He does. Then I turn around and he is at it again. 'Sit down' and he sits. Then the third time I say it, moving towards him with my maddest mummy look and Finn looks me straight in the eye and says 'sit down' clear as a whistle. The he sits himself down and laughs.

I keep thinking I am hearing real words when Finn talks to himself in his own language, and now I know that I heard 'dats mine' and 'inca go out'. And he was talking about cars and trucks yesterday in the car with Auntie Chrissie and Daddy. I am really excited to be entering the stage where he can communicate with us verbally. He has been a real little talker since he was born and I look forward to hearing all of his little thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment